Cafe Assistant – part time / weekend
Salary: £5.00 to £8.00 /hour
About Lowther Castle & Gardens:
Lowther Castle & Gardens is the one of the Lake District’s leading and most popular visitor attractions. From a crumbling, derelict shell, the castle has been resurrected and now offers visitors the chance to experience history, horticulture, food and fun on the same spot while striking the perfect balance between prestige and value.
When you join Lowther, you can expect early responsibility and enjoy a varied and challenging role. Few organisations can offer such a unique career. The Company’s development is based on a reputation for high standards of quality and service – a reputation maintained through the hard work of our talented team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Great work life balance – we currently close at 4pm (5pm from mid march)
- Staff discount across Lowther Castle
- Free parking
- Auto enrolment in our pension scheme
- Free meal allowance while on duty
- Wage between £5 & £8 per hour (depending on age)
About the role:
As an important team member you will help support your colleagues and proactively communicate any ideas that you feel may benefit the commercial direction of the department.
To be successful in this role you MUST be willing to work weekends throughout the year as we are a 7-day operation. This role would suit a student returning from university or local resident who is flexible with their working week.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team in the busy café / restaurant environment within Lowther Castle & Gardens. You will be tasked with maintaining high operational and commercial standards throughout the department to maximise sales and exceed customer service expectations in every way.
What you will need:
- Passion for GREAT customer service
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Availability to work weekends is mandatory
- MUST HAVE ACCESS TO TRANSPORT AS THE SITE HAS NO PUBLIC TRANSPORT.